Thursday, February 22, 2007

Progress so far



How did I end up with so much crap?

I did get to the sewing machine FINALLY and the first thing I did was steek the bargello patterned throw I made years ago. My good friend,Estelle Carlson , taught me this method, but it is knit up in a tube and then you have to cut it. I didn't have to lie down for a while, like Elizabeth Zimmermann said I might -- I was pretty calm. I'm bringing it to SnB tonight to show off.

Estelle passed away a year and a half ago. I miss her terribly. We traveled a bit together and it was she who got me back into knitting. Here we are in San Miguel, Mexico, sitting outside our hotel room:



She died too young -- she had just turned 70. She had Lou Gehrig's Disease. Damn.

I'm still working on that baby blanket. I'm not even half way yet, but almost. Why, oh why, did I use size 2 needles??



To end, the king of the Scratch Lounge:

4 comments:

carlita dee said...

If this cat comes up missing, send the cops to my house.

Allison said...

Hey MJ nice chatting with you last night, too. Noro is the crack of yarn, I tell you. At least you didn't just buy 4 skeins!! LOL

Ellen Bloom said...

LOVE that bargello knitting. I used to needlepoint bargello pillows in the ol' days!

I, too, miss Estelle. I was fortunate to take many of her knitting and design classes. She was a brilliant teacher and artist. Thanks for giving her tribute.

Anonymous said...

Holy moly that room is spectacular.