Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Anticipation and camellias

I have a few things to do to get ready for the weekend. Saturday night is the awards banquet for the Motion Picture Sound Editors group which I am attending and Sunday, of course, is the Academy Awards. I have read about all the lawsuits regarding using the name "Oscar" or "Academy Awards" without permission, so I'm playing with fire a little bit, but I think I'm safe. Michelle has offered to do my hair for Sunday; the sound editors will just have to see me as I am.

The last time I went to the A*** A***s, I took my neighbor, Charles. He is the best neighbor anyone could have -- all my friends are jealous. He is retired now but I still get the call every once in a while to see if I'm hungry for dinner. He is a great cook and brings me dinner on a tray with dessert and sometimes a flower. I saw him this evening and he gave me some camellias from his garden (he has an excellent garden).



Aren't they gorgeous? There are several bushes of these white camellias growing outside the building I work in and every morning I am awe struck by them.

I got off work early today and stopped by Michaels. They had these great magazine boxes on sale!! I got a bunch for my studio.




And, OK, I got some yarn, too. Not much, though.



Here's a holler out to Ellen and Frank, who will both be at Stitches West this weekend. I'm sooooo jealous! I will miss them both tomorrow night at SnB, Farmers' Market.

I'll leave you with Mr. Z in one of his favorite spots in the house. Why is water coming out of the faucet so much more appealing than the water in the bowl?

2 comments:

MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

Those flowers are so perfect they look fake! Lucky you.

Have a great time on Saturday!

Ellen Bloom said...

Love that Canon Yarn...Shades! That's the same yarn I used (in reddish color) for my top-down crocheted cardigan. LOVE IT.