Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Oscars and stuff


Here are Alyson and me on our way to the O****'s! I'm wearing one of my outfits I got in India and Alyson is in a gorgeous tuxedo coat. We met at Pam's house because she was hemming up Alyson's new pants. So we got a photo with her, too.



We had a wonderful time -- we got to walk down the red carpet and oogle some stars. We saw Maggie Gyllenhaal getting her lipstick refreshed, Jennifer Hudson getting whisked away from some adoring fans and we were right behind Sally Kirkland, swirling around in her pseudo butterfly dress. I think she's nuts, but she was definitely having a good time.

I couldn't find a evening bag I liked, so I knitted one!


It came out a little small, but it served its purpose. We ended the evening at Casa Vega in Studio City. It was delicious.

Mr. Z? He stayed home with a bottle of wine and watched it all on TV....

4 comments:

Ellen Bloom said...

MJ! You look GORGEOUS in your Indian dress, new haircut and makeup!!! Wow! Glad you had a good time. I didn't see you on TV, but I knew you were there.
I'm sure that Casa Vega was much more fun than the Vanity Fair after-party!

carlita dee said...

What you don't know is that Mr. Z wasn't home alone. I was there and we were drinking together and enjoying each other's company.

Is it wrong to have a crush on a cat?

There's a name for this condition, and I don't think I like it.

I LOVE your Oscar drag. You look incredible. Supercute knitted bag!

I like how your friend has her tools at the ready.

Anonymous said...

HOW exciting! I thought of you as I watched the end. I got home just in time to see the 'big' awards... Looks for you, but you must have been in the bathroom... ;)

Anonymous said...

BTW, LOVE your haircut! You look absolutely stunning!