Sunday, September 09, 2007

Remember me?

I realized I had only posted once in August and I've a lot to catch up on. I'll start with the most recent first. Yesterday Brit stopped by to take me with her to King's Western Wear on Lankershim. She likes the shirts and boots and I came along for the ride.


Of course, she didn't find anything and I found an amazing deal on a pair of ankle boots. Originally $98, on sale 75% off!! They cost me 25 bucks! And aren't they the cutest?


Brit has great boots, too.


I talked to Rosalie over the weekend. She asked if I could make a baby hat for one of her co-workers. Whether it is a boy or girl she doesn't know yet, so I made it out of some yarn Estelle gave me -- it didn't have a label so I don't know what it is. It's multicolored blue, purple, green shiny stuff and I think it turned out pretty good. I got the pattern from One Skein. First I used my hand as a model...


Then I found another model hanging around the house...


I also finished my Clapotis shawl and found another willing model...


I'm still working on a baby blanket -- really a big spa cloth! --but it is pretty boring and the perfect thing to bring to SnB on Thursday. I brought it last week, but forgot to pack another skein and ran out of yarn. Ellen just happened to have a couple of projects in her bag to keep me busy. I should do that, too! The whole Tom Sawyer and the fence thing.

Brit couldn't resist taking some portraits with my new camera, a Sony Cyber-shot, bright blue! I love it. Here is her work...



Today I bit the bullet and ordered a new computer. Mine is about 8 years old and is getting very slow. I got an iMac and can't wait!! I also went out with Alyson and bought more shoes...it's a sickness, I know. (But aren't they worth it?)


Alyson and I wrapped up the day eating green tamales and drinking pomagranate magharitas at El Cholo in Pasadena. What a weekend!

Bella is being very shy tonight, so her photo will have to wait.

3 comments:

Madge said...

New camera, new shoes, new computer - yee haw!

And a finished Clap. Looks so comfy.

Ellen Bloom said...

Photos from the new camera look terrific! The boots and shoes are totally faboo too. Plus...all of those finished objects!!! Thanks for jumping on my Tom Sawyer wagon and knitting the Melville scarf for me. I love it when you forget to bring extra yarn!!!

MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

CA-YOOOOOT SHOES!!!!