Sunday, August 05, 2007

Catching up

I've been so busy crafting that I haven't blogged! I got a bug to embroider a tote bag for my BFF Ellen's birthday. Of course, I forgot to take a photo of it, so you can see in in Ellen's blog in the slide show of her little party. It's the Tiki bag. I had so much fun making that!! I used a transfer pattern from Sublime Stitching. What a great company!! They have tons of terrific patterns to iron on. I have now bought several -- I'm hooked.

I also crocheted some Spa Cloths from a pattern Ellen gave me and gave them in a Market Bag I made from the Sugar'n Cream pattern to my next door neighbor, Charles, for his birthday. I modified the bag to have two straps, one on each side. I used Cream for the Main Color and crocheted a stripe of Shades of Green on the body of the bag. I also failed to take a photo of it before I gave it to him. I should get the camera glued to my hip. And use it. He loved it.

Last Friday I hosted a Bollywood party for some of my friends. We are getting together to watch Indian movies and eat and drink. We're trying to do it on a semi regular basis. It's a lot of fun. We watched Koi... Mil Gaya. If you ever get a chance to see a Bollywood movie, DO IT!! They are a hoot. And the dance numbers are too much. It is the first in a series and we are planning to see the number two,Krrish, next. Jackie made chicken curry, Heather brought hummus and pita and they both brought bottles of wine. I provided bindis. Amanda was sick and couldn't make it, which is a shame because she knows all the movies and tells us back stories about the performers. She has seen tons of Bollywood movies and owns the ones we see. Here is a very blurry photo of Heather and Jackie, wearing their bindis.


I'm cruising along on my Clapotis shawl. My favorite part of the pattern is where she tells you to "eat a croissant". It's coming along very well, but I'm getting a little bored. It may be time to start something else.


I like the color changes and it's so soft!

Bella hid for the party. She is not very sociable yet, but I have hope. Here she is in her new favorite spot -- under my bed.

3 comments:

Ellen Bloom said...

You are just having too much fun, Ms. MJ! Considering that you are an entertainment professional, I find it troubling that you do not document everything you do with your digi-cam!!! We need to see photos of all of your WIPs, parties, food at parties, cats, friends, etc.

By the way, the Clapotis looks great! Don't give up!

MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

Awww, Bella! Poor weedo kitty wid all doze mean, cwazy ladies running around!

Bollywood party sounds like a hoot. I've only seen one movie (at it was at the grove!) and I loved it.

Then again, I admit to liking Grease AND Xanadu.

LadyLinoleum said...

When I lived in Kuwait, the English language station used to play Bollywood movies every Friday afternoon. I never missed one! My boyfriend thought I was nutso. Anyway, love, love, love Indian cinema.