Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Up until now

I realized I hadn't written in my blog for over 6 months. So much has happened since then. I'm still knitting things for Tatum, who will be a year old in March. I visited Egypt over Christmas and New Years and, evidently, got out at the right time! I had no idea when I was there that such a thing was brewing. But I am glad I got there before the riots, as I am sure, it will be a different place from now on.
I also had a scare a couple of weeks ago. I didn't know it, but my appendix was getting ready to burst. After a useless visit to an urgent care center (who sent me home with a prescription for nausea, which I told the doctor I didn't have), my best friend, Alyson, took me to Huntington Hospital ER here in Pasadena. They took a CT scan and during surgery, they realized my appendix had burst. I stayed at the hospital for a week and am now home recuperating.
The most important thing I have learned in all of this is that there are a lot of people who love me. I know that sounds silly, but I have always felt that I was, when all was said and done, alone and on my own. I have learned that I have more wonderful friends than I could have ever hoped for and (most importantly) to rely on these friends for help. I have been overwhelmed with the affection and concern people have shown me and I feel like a real dope for not realizing it before.
So, to all my friends, thank you for everything. I am a lucky, lucky girl.

2 comments:

Ellen Bloom said...

Count me in, my friend! SO glad you were on U.S. soil when this happened. Imagine if you were on a barge in the middle of Egypt!!!!?!!! Looking forward to seeing you soon.

Natalie said...

Wow...postings! Mary Jo you are loved and there is no doubt about it. I am glad you know you are not alone.