My mom died on Saturday. She had dementia for a long time and was in a hospice. She didn't recognize anyone most of the time, was bedridden and couldn't eat solid food. She was 91. But she was happy. The dementia didn't make her angry or bitter -- she was truly happy. Because of various reasons, I have not been close to my family, except my sister, Rosalie, for many years. Her death is the end of all family ties for me. I feel sad, depressed, glad, tired, angry, relieved.
5 comments:
Oh M.J. I'm so sorry to hear about your Mother. Even though you weren't that close, a Mom is a Mom and any type of change is difficult to get used to. My sympathies to you and Rosalie.
Love,
Ellen
I'm so sorry to hear about your Mom's passing, MJ. Ellen is exactly right about that archetypal Mom thing, and I'm here for you if you need anything, okay?
Big, big hugs to you and your sister.
xo
Madge
MJ, I am so sorry for your loss. It's very hard to lose your mom, no matter what the situation. And it's true that Mom's are often the glue that holds families together...in whatever manner that happens to be.
My heartfelt sympathies.
Mary Jo, I'm terribly sorry to hear the news. Paul and I send our deepest sympathies to you and your sister. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you.
xoxo
Angela and Paul
I'm so sorry to hear about the passing of your mom. Like you, I'm not close to my family, with the exception of my mom. When she passes that will be the end of my family ties as well. I totally understand the myriad feelings you have.
Big hugs!
xo
Frank
Post a Comment