Saturday, June 09, 2007

New Camera!


I've been coveting this camera for a year. I have a film Nikon N80 that I've taken on all my trips, but I've wanted a SLR digital camera, too. They are VERY EXPENSIVE and I couldn't justify spending the money, when I already have 2 cameras. I realized a few weeks ago that I have an overabundance of Membership Rewards points from American Express and I should check if they offer the Nikon D80. They did!! I snatched it up and have been enjoying it. It's really fabulous. It will be accompaning me on all my future travels. Digital photography is still new to me; I had film photography down pretty well and realize I must learn all new rules. I took the Nikon course a long time ago and am looking into their class for digital.

Bella is doing better every day. She will now jump up on the couch next to me (not in my lap yet) and checks out the bed at night, but is not comfortable staying there. She has now taken to hiding under the living room sofa. At least she is visible more than not these days.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG, What a great idea! I'll save my AMEX points for a camera. Can you tell me how many points it was? Although I can go look too... Enjoy!

Natalie said...

I have been wanting this camera too. Let me know how you like it.

Madge said...

Hello, Bella! I'm glad under-the-bed is becoming a thing of the past.

Sweet camera. Have fun playing with it.

Anonymous said...

I too have a ton of points but I can't figure out from the true rewards web site which camera is the D80. I called amex and they said they don't give out model numbers. Which reward is it? How many points is it. THANKS!

Anonymous said...

I too have a ton of points but I can't figure out from the true rewards web site which camera is the D80. I called amex and they said they don't give out model numbers. Which reward is it? How many points is it. THANKS!

Anonymous said...

Good words.